Friday, April 21, 2017

MOTHER'S DAY SUCCULENTS

Welcome to the Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team blog hop.  You have probably just arrived from Miriam van Eyden's beautiful blog.  I just love everything Miriam makes!  If you are starting here, just hit the "Next" button at the end of this post to continue on the hop.  You won't want to miss a thing!

The design team are featuring the Oh So Succulent stamp set in our projects this hop.  I have seen so many wonderful creations with this set but I really wanted to feature something a little different.  This bundle will be leaving us at the end of May, and all but the Succulent Garden DSP is still available on the retiring list if you are in Australia or New Zealand.  If you love what you see on this hop, order your stamps and dies now before they leave us forever.


I settled on making a different kind of card fold than my normal top folding tent card and also make it my card for Mum on Mother's Day.  Nothing like being prepared!


I still have the card folded over at the top, but I have also added a bottom hinge so when the card fronts come together they interlock.  I die cut many of the flowers using the coordinating Succulent Framelit Dies.  I popped a couple of the flowers up on dimensionals which is how I created the lock on the front of the card.  A Rich Razzleberry flower on the top of the card slips in behind a small Marina Mist flower on the bottom half to keep the card closed.


As a family, we don't normally give gifts on Mother's Day, just a card.  I had a lucky find recently when I came across some dinky little white pails in a local shop.  The size was just perfect to whip up a little home decor piece Mum can keep beside her on the coffee table!  It will last that much longer than real flowers, for sure!

Next up on the hop is my good friend Rochelle Blok from across the ditch in Australia!


Artisan DT Blog Roll

Allison Okamitsu
Aurelie Fabre
Cathy Caines
Dani Dziama
Holly Stene
Jennifer Sootkoos
Jessica Winter
Katy Harrison
Kimberly Van Diepen
Louise Sharp 
Maike Ulbrich
Martha Inchley
Mercedes Weber
Mindy Bingamon 
Miriam van Eyden
Paula Dobson - You are here!
Rochelle Blok
Shannon Lane
Sylwia Schreck 
Tanya Boser

All product used in this project are listed below.  Shop Stampin' Up! Products with me!
If you live New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. When you shop Online with me, please the current host code (in my side bar) and allow Demonstrator contact, so I can thank you properly with the gift of a card when you place an order.

5 comments:

  1. Ahh!! I love that fold! So neat with the sentiment on the extra little tab! A very beautiful Mother's Day card, Paula! And that little bucket of sentiments - so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flower paradies! Great projects are the dear Paula.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! I love the colors you used! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so pretty, the colors are so rich! And that card is super cool

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥